Monday, February 2, 2009

Birthday!!!

This week was GREAT! It was my birthday on Wednesday, so Stephanie made sure that I had a few surprises that day. She had asked me a while ago what I wanted for my birthday, and I was very vague. Somehow, she still managed to give me everything that I wanted. It was great.

On Wednesday, I had school all day. My last class started at three and went until five. Usually Stephanie picks me up right after five. She comes straight from work. This day, however, she was very late. She eventually called to tell me that she had gotten out of work late, and was on her way. By that time it was about 30 – 40 min. past the time that she usually picks me up. When I got in the car, I thought that something smelled a little funny. I couldn’t put my finger on it, and didn’t want to offend Stephanie, so I didn’t mention it. During our drive home, my mom sent a weird text message to Steph, and I saw it. It was something about not being able to come but to save some for them. I knew we had planned on feeding Ginger (my little sister) but hadn’t heard about my parents. Since Stephanie didn’t understand what my mom was talking about, I decided to call her and ask. My mother was very vague on the phone, and so I started to suspect something. I thought that Stephanie might have planned a surprise party or something. So, as we pulled around the corner, I watched for any cars belonging to my family and friends. There weren’t any so I decided that they must have parked out of sight and walked. As I unlocked the door I braced for the surprise, but it didn’t happen. Instead, I smelt the same smell from the car. I then realized that it was seafood that I had smelled. I looked over into the kitchen and saw that Stephanie had made a dinner for two with all of my favorite foods. There was crab, shrimp, mashed potatoes and gravy, green olives, a beautiful salad, and some sparkly. She had dressed up the table with a red table cloth and black placemats. It was so nice. After we had eaten, and started to clean up, the rest of my family started to show up. Her sister also came. I opened my presents and flet very loved by all of the gifts that I had received. The best part of the day, however, was the dinner. Stephanie knew exactly how to make my day.

No comments: